FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- A&B Can my child only attend 3 days per week or do we have to attend all five days?
- A&B I have an incoming TK/K student or a new student for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year. How do I submit a contract to enroll in the program for next year?
- A&B When will registration for the 2023-24 school year be available?
- A&B When will we know if we have been approved or put on a wait list for CDP?
- A&B: What happens if my account is past due?
- A&B: What is the tax ID number for the Child Development Program?
- A&B: Are parents allowed inside the Child Development Program building?
- A&B: Do I need to pack my child a snack daily?
- A&B: How do I cancel my contract?
- A&B: How do I print my tax information?
- A&B: How do I sign my child out of CDP? What if I want someone else to pick up my child?
- A&B: How do staff provide families with information?
- A&B: How much is tuition and how do I pay it?
- A&B: My child is currently enrolled in the CDP program for the 2022-2023 school year. Will there be a priority registration for our family for the upcoming 2023-24 school year??
- A&B: My child will be in TK but I don't know what school they will attend in the fall. Which site do I choose?
- A&B: My child will be in TK, but there isn't an option to select TK. What do I do?
- A&B: What are the hours of operation?
- A&B: What are the Terms and Conditions I agreed to for the 2022-23 school year?
- A&B: What do you do in the event there is an emergency such as a fire, or other emergency?
- A&B: What happens if I am placed on the waitlist?
- A&B: What if I am running late and arrive after 6:00pm?
- A&B: What if I change my mind after I enroll in the program and wish to drop the program?
- A&B: What if my child needs to take medication while in after school care?
- A&B: What is A & B?
- A&B: What is the Behavior Policy for the Child Development Program?
- A&B: What is the cancellation policy?
- A&B: What is the staff to child ratio?
- A&B: What should I do if my child is sick and won't be at CDP?
- A&B: What types of activities do the children participate in while in CDP?
- A&B: Who is able to enroll in the Child Development Program?
- A&B: Will I receive a late fee if I don't pay my tuition by the due date?
- A&B: Will morning care be available for my child?
- ASES @ Cedarcreek: What is the ASES program?
- COVID: Do the children still have to remain 6 feet apart?
- COVID: Does my child need to wear a mask?
- COVID: How do you maintain a clean building ?
- COVID: If the site needs to close or my family needs to quarantine, will I receive a refund?
- Preschool: Where are the state funded preschool programs located?
- Preschool: Will you be offering tuition based preschool for the 2022-2023 school year?
Registration is based on the service (school days) in the month. Families may choose to send their children only 3 days per week, but are responsible for paying for every school day within the month. Tuition is calculated on a daily rate ($20 per day, per child) based on the number of calendar school days in a month, excluding non-school days and breaks. Non-school days and breaks will be available at an additional cost. Tuition is NOT based on actual attendance. Parents are responsible for paying the entirety of the tuition regardless of attendance.
A&B I have an incoming TK/K student or a new student for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year. How do I submit a contract to enroll in the program for next year?
At this time our registration is closed.
At this time our registration for the 2023-24 school year is not available. Information regarding registration will be located on the Child Development Program ELEYO page on the District website when we have updated information.
When submitting a contract online in our ELEYO registration system, your contract is automatically placed on a waitlist. When space is available, the contract will be approved and you will receive a confirmation email. If your contract remains in a pending status, you are still on the waitlist.
Tuition amounts that are not paid by the 6th of the month will be assessed a $25 late payment fee. If tuition remains unpaid by the 15th of the month, your child may not attend the program until all past due balances and fees have been paid or an agreed upon payment plan is in place.
Any account that is past due for 45 days may be considered abandoned and all applicable contracts may be withdrawn by default.
The tax ID number is #95-6002879
At this time, due to our COVID guidelines, parents are not allowed inside the building. The parent signature book or ipad will be placed outside the building on a table or cart for parent usage.
Our program will offer an afternoon snack after dismissal to all CDP students. However, if your child willl be staying later into the evening (between 5:00pm-6:00pm) we recommend packing an additional snack. Please send a refillable water bottle daily.
If you would like to cancel your contract, please log in to your ELEYO account and submit a request for withdrawal of your contract. We will review your request as soon as we are able.
Tax Statements are available each year after January 1.
- Log into your account at ELEYO at ELEYO Link
- Click the down arrow on “Explore All Programs”.
- Click the “View Your Dashboard” tab.
- Under “Your Accounts” tab, click program account for which you wish to print a Tax Statement.
- Click “Download Tax Statement” button on left side.
- To return to the “Dashboard” or the “Manage Account” tabs, select “Your Profile” link at the bottom of page.
Upon arrival to the CDP site, please be prepared to show picture identification. At this time, due to Department of Public Health guidelines, parents will be asked to wait outside of the building at pick up. You will then access the ipad and proceed to sign your child in/out of the program. Each child must be either manually (full signature) or electronically signed in and out of the CDP After School Program on a daily basis by an authorized adult. Failure to sign a child in or out can result in termination from the program. Should you choose to have your child released to another adult, you are required to send written authorization, and add the authorized pick up to your ELEYO account. This adult is required to show picture identification.
Staff will communicate information to the parents via email, Parent Square, newsletters and/or ELEYO.
Tuition is calculated on a daily rate ($20 per day, per child) based on the number of calendar school days in a month, excluding non-school days and breaks. Non-school days and breaks will be available at an additional cost ($40 per day, per child). Tuition is NOT based on actual attendance. Parents are responsible for paying the entirety of the tuition regardless of attendance. Tuition will be billed on a monthly basis with a specified due date per invoice. Invoices are electronically sent, via email, and can be accessed through parents Eleyo account. All families are required to enroll in Auto Pay at the time of contract submission. Auto Pay is a convenient way to automatically pay your monthly invoice on the due date. There is no sibling discount rate. Tuition is subject to change.
A&B: My child is currently enrolled in the CDP program for the 2022-2023 school year. Will there be a priority registration for our family for the upcoming 2023-24 school year??
Registration information is not available for the 2023-24 school year at this time
A&B: My child will be in TK but I don't know what school they will attend in the fall. Which site do I choose?
If you have a TK child, please select your home school site at this time. Once TK placement is complete we will review the contracts.
If you have a TK child , please select Kindergarten and the year that your child will be in Kindergarten, which will be 2022.
The CDP After School Program operates from school dismissal time to 6:00pm daily, Monday through Friday. All CDP centers will be closed on holidays observed by the Saugus Union School District. During Non-School Days (Full Days) and Break Weeks, care will be offered for an additional fee.
I agree to adhere to the following SUSD Child Development Programs (CDP) registration policies and give my child permission to participate fully in this program. The information provided below is applicable to all of our After School Programs, unless otherwise stated.
1. I understand that submission of an ELEYO contract DOES NOT guarantee a space in the program and my child may be placed on a wait list until space becomes available.
2. I understand that due to the uncertainty of the COVID 19 pandemic, services may be interrupted or modified at any time. I also understand that no refunds will be given due to situations that arise due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in regards to quarantines, closures or other district mandated closures.
3. I understand that the Child Development Program guidelines and procedures established due to COVID-19 may change according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Department of Public Health, Department of Social Services, Department of Education, County, State, and the Saugus Union School District (SUSD) guidelines, and my child and family will adhere to said guidelines and procedures. I am aware that failure or refusal to participate in this practice, will result in the inability to further utilize the program.
4. Notwithstanding the risks associated with COVID-19, which I readily acknowledge, I hereby choose to enroll my child in the Child Development Program.
5. I acknowledge and fully assume the risk of illness or death related to COVID-19 arising from my child being on the premises and participating in program activities. I hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue (on behalf of myself, any minor child, or any member of my household for whom I have the capacity to contract) the Saugus Union School District Child Development Program, their owners, officers, directors, agents, employees and assigns from any liability if my child or any member of my household contracts COVID-19.
6. I understand my tuition fee is based on the SUSD 180 service days and is calculated on a daily rate per child, based on the number of calendar school days in a month, excluding non-school days and breaks. Non-school days and breaks will be available at an additional cost. I understand that tuition is NOT based on actual attendance. I am responsible for paying the entirety of the tuition regardless of attendance. Tuition will be billed on a monthly basis with a specified due date per invoice.
7.(Subsidized Care/ASES PROGRAM ONLY) I understand my tuition is fully subsidized by grant funding through the California Department of Education’s After-School Education and Safety Grant (ASES) or Expanded Learning Opportunity Program (ELO-P). Not applicable to CCRC.
8. (Subsidized Care/ ASES PROGRAM ONLY) I understand that the guidelines for the ASES program may be subject to change depending on guidance from the California Department of Education and my family will adhere to said guidance and protocols. I also understand that there is an attendance requirement to participate in the ASES program and that more information will be provided by the Site Supervisor. Participation in this program is need based. Not applicable to CCRC.
9. I understand all invoices are given a 5-day grace period, and if not paid prior to the 6th day a $25 Late Tuition Fee will be automatically assessed. There are no exceptions made for weekends, vacations, holidays, breaks, absences, illnesses or District mandated closures. My child will not be allowed to continue attending the program if my account is not at a zero balance by the 15th of the month. Full tuition fee is owed regardless of non-attendance due to non-payment. Invoices are electronically sent, via email, and can be accessed through my Eleyo account.
10. I understand that I am required to enroll in Auto Pay at the time of contract submission, unless I am enrolling in a subsidized program. Funds will be withdrawn via my checking/savings account or credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express,) on the specified due date of each invoice; no fees charged for this option. Please note: Auto Pay is separate from a saved payment method. To utilize Auto Pay, you must enroll to participate.
11. I understand that should my payment come from a third-party payee, with the exception of Child Care Resource Center (CCRC), I am responsible for the entire tuition and any late fees incurred due to payment arriving after the invoice due date. My child will not be allowed to continue attending the program if my account is not at a zero balance by the 15th of the month.
12. In the event Child Care Resource Center (CCRC) does not cover the total amount billed by the SUSD Child Development Programs, I understand I am responsible for the remaining balance of these fees. (applicable to CCRC families only.)
13. I understand, if the non-refundable registration fee is not paid at time of contract approval, my child’s enrollment is not guaranteed and may jeopardize enrollment.
14. All payments are non-refundable. Refunds or adjustments will not be made for withdrawal from the program, to include, but not limited to absences, illnesses, quarantine, suspensions, non-school days, breaks, holidays, vacations, or district mandated site closures.
15. Should my Auto Pay fail for any reason, I will receive email notification from Eleyo. I understand it is my responsibility to submit payment by the last day of the grace period to avoid any late fees.
16. All unpaid accounts are subject to collections after two (2) months of lack of payment, inactivity, or abandonment from the Child Development Program. If my account is assigned to a collection agency, I understand I am responsible for all collection agency and/or court fees. Should my account be closed due to any of the above reasons I understand, should I need care, I will need to pay the balance in full and re-register my child.
17. I must electronically sign my child in and/or out of the program each day with my full signature. Should I wish to have my child released to another adult, not listed as an authorized pick up, I must do the following: contact the site supervisor and update my Eleyo account with the new authorized pick up information. This adult is required to show picture identification, regardless of familial status. Failure to sign in/out may result in termination from the program. All authorized pick-ups must be in Eleyo. In the event of an emergency, I must call the site supervisor and send an email. I understand that my child is not allowed to sign him/herself out of the Child Development Program.
18. I understand my child will not be released to any adult who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or other substances.
19. After School Care hours are from school dismissal to 6:00pm daily. Should my child be picked up after the time of closing, I agree to pay a $1.00 per minute Late Pick-Up Fee, per family. Excessive late pick-ups, as determined by the Child Development Program, is cause for termination from the program.
20. I understand that morning care may not be available at my site of enrollment.
21. I understand that after 6:00 PM, if my child has not been picked up, and I have failed to contact the site supervisor or assistant site supervisor, a responsible party from my emergency list shall be contacted and asked to pick up my child. I am also aware that after 7:00 PM, if CDP staff remain unsuccessful in contacting myself or any other authorized responsible party, the Department of Children’s Services or local Law Enforcement Agency will be contacted to pick up my child.
22. If a medical emergency arises, the CDP staff will contact me and if my child requires immediate medical care, local paramedics will be called first. I understand
- During the school day all children will follow the elementary school site disaster plan. After school hours or during breaks, each center will follow their center disaster plan.
- Before or after the regular school day or during holiday sessions, all children will be kept at the center until they are picked up by the parent or other authorized person. A person authorized by the parent to pick up a child will be requested to present their identification before the child will be released.
- Should it be necessary to evacuate children from a center, the evacuation site will be posted on the center door and every effort will be made to contact parents and guardians.
- Staff members will remain with the children until they are released to the parent or authorized person.
- Each school is equipped with sufficient supplies to accommodate children in the event of an emergency.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances (fires, power outages, etc.), a parent may be called to pick up their child early.
- Please keep emergency information in ELEYO current to assist the CDP School Age staff in the event of an emergency.
If the site reaches capacity, remaining families will be placed on a waitlist. When space becomes available, the families will be notified by either a phone call or email to discuss further registration procedures and site information.
Closing time is 6:00PM. Should a child be picked up after closing time, the parent or guardian is assessed a Late Pick-Up Fee of $1.00 per minute, per family. Payment is due within one week of the charges, or by the end of the month, whichever comes first. Payment must be made on your ELEYO account through an online payment.
Please notify the Site Supervisor of the program and they an assist you with your withdrawal from the program. The registration fee processed at the time of contract approval is non-refundable.
If a child needs to receive medication, California Education Code of Regulations (CCR) Title 5, 18170 and California Education Code (CCR) 49423 states that the CDP After School Program must receive: 1) written physician authorization detailing the method, amount, and time schedule for administering medication, 2) written parent/guardian authorization, and 3) medication provided in the original container with the original pharmacy label. (See Site Supervisor for the medication forms).
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, our Before & After School Child Care Program has been restructured and renamed to the After & Before School Child Care Program. Our program will focus on After School Care with the hope of adding Before School Care when sufficient need is determined by site. The A & B represents, After and Before School Child Care Program
Behavior Expectations: The purpose of the CDP Program behavioral expectations is to impart to all students attending the program specific qualities of positive and age-appropriate behavior and social interactions. Additionally, it is the responsibility of any and all staff to provide an environment that assures each child’s maximum safety at all times. It is every student's right to be given the opportunity to have a positive experience while attending our program. Our program uses PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support) strategies aligned with the elementary school to reinforce positive student behavior. In addition, every student also has the responsibility to abide by a code of behavior that promotes the social, emotional, and creative development of all students in the program.
With these purposes and goals as a guide, the CDP Program follows the Six Pillars of Character: Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, and Citizenship. The behavioral expectations are based on positive reinforcement and praise, coupled with consequences for misbehavior. These behavioral expectations parallel those at our SUSD school sites:
● All students will speak and act in a manner that demonstrates respect for school staff and each other.
● All students will behave in a caring manner that does not bring physical harm to themselves or others.
● All students will show respect for school property and personal property of others.
● All students will abide by school and Child Development Program rules and act in a responsible manner.
Students in the CDP Program are accountable for their actions and behavior at all times. Parent meetings may be held to discuss student conduct and other strategies to improve behavior. Severe first offenses or repeated inappropriate and/or aggressive behavior may result in removal from an activity or the group to regain self-control or may be denied a privilege. These behaviors may also lead to suspension from the program. Any form of discipline that would impair a student's self-respect is avoided.
In the event a child's behavior endangers another child's welfare, is destructive to property, or disrespectful to authority, a student behavior report form will be completed and the parent may also be called to immediately pick up the child from the program. Copies will be disseminated to the parent or guardian, Coordinator of the CDP Programs, and placed in the child's file. Three student behavior reports or a serious incident may result in the child being suspended from the program. A fourth discipline referral may result in dismissal from the program. Dismissal is followed by a six-month period of ineligibility to enroll in the Saugus Union School District CDP Program. Two dismissals may result in permanent ineligibility to enroll in the program. No credits or allowances will be given for students suspended from school or the CDP Program.
Parents have agreed to the following information during the submittal of their contract in the Child Development Program.
I am aware that children attending the Child Development Program will be required to follow all school rules. Students may be excluded from the program for failure to meet these behavioral expectations.
If your contract has NOT been approved, you may submit a request to withdrawl in your ELEYO account.
If your contract has been approved, your registration fee is non-refundable.
Once a contract is approved, withdrawals must be requested, in writing, between the 1st – 15th of the current month to take effect at the next billing cycle. If a parent submits their request after the specified date (the 16th- 31st) of the current month, they will be responsible for the entire monthly tuition for the following month.
Example 1: Notify the site on September 3rd that you would like to withdraw from the program. The request is processed and your child is withdrawn from the program as of September 30th. The October tuition is not due.
Example 2: Notify the site on September 17th that you would like to withdraw from the program. The request is processed and your child will be withdrawn from the program as of October 31st. The entire October tuition is due.
The Child Development Program goal is to maintain a 1:15 adult to child ratio. Our program will continue to follow all LA County Department of Public Health guidelines in reference to group sizes.
If a child is absent, a parent must notify the CDP staff that day and each day the child will not be in attendance. If a child is absent from school or leaves early due to illness, the child may not attend the CDP center. If your child is absent due to illness, you must follow the proper guidance and your child must be cleared before returning to CDP.
If your child has symptoms consistent with COVID 19 please contact your Site Supervisor and your school office immediately for further guidance. SUSD must follow all LA County Department of Public Health guidelines prior to clearance.
Children choose from a variety of activities offered daily in the Child Development Program. Both indoor and outdoor learning experiences are provided with time for active play as well as time to relax, read, complete homework, and participate in quiet activities. Learning opportunities may focus on the cultural and ethnic backgrounds of the children in the program as well as other groups. All children have the opportunity to learn and grow through experiences such as:
- Homework assistance
- Creative use of materials in arts and crafts.
- Science, language arts, visual and performing arts, and social science activities.
- Recreational and organized sports and games, nature walks, and playground activities.
The CDP After School Program is provided to students in grades TK/Kindergarten through Sixth, subject to availability, at their school of attendance. Additionally, enrollment is open to any child, providing:
- The child can independently care for their toileting needs.
- The child will benefit from the program, and the center is able to meet the individual needs of the child.
- There will be no adverse effect upon the other children enrolled.
- The child will not require additional staff time normally given to the group.
Enrollment will be granted without discrimination in regard to sex, race, color, creed, political belief, religion, physical disabilities, medical needs, or national origin. The CDP After School Program reserves the right to discontinue services at any time.
All invoices are given a 5-day grace period, and if not paid prior to the 6th day a $25 Late Tuition Fee will be assessed. No exceptions made for weekends, vacations, holidays, breaks, absences, illnesses or District mandated closures. With the exception of families receiving subsidized care, it is the account holder’s responsibility to ensure payments are received on time, including those coming from a third-party payee. Your child will not be allowed to attend the program if your account is not at a zero balance by the 15th of the month. They may return to the program, space permitting, when the entirety of the overdue balance is paid in full, including all delinquent fees.
Morning care is not available at this time. Our program will focus on After School Care with the hope of adding Before School Care when sufficient need is determined by site.
The after school program located on the Cedarcreek Elementary School campus offers Cedarcreek students a reduced tuition rate because of grant funding through the California Department of Education's After-School Education and Safety Grant (ASES). Cedarcreek families enrolled in the ASES Program pay a monthly investment fee and must adhere to all grant requirements. Grant requirements include daily attendance and the children must be picked up daily after 5:45pm. A snack will be served to the ASES students.
Our program will follow all Department of Public Health guidelines. At this time, the students do not need to remain 6 feet apart.
Masks are optional at this time but our program will continue to follow all Department of Public Health guidelines.
Routine cleaning and disinfecting are an important part of reducing the risk of exposure to COVID-19. Restrooms, common areas, shared objects, and high-touch surfaces (e.g., chairs, desks, tables, door handles, handrails, light switches, faucets, sinks, equipment, etc.) will be cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout each day. Each stable group will remain in one room and those rooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily. Should a stable group rotate into another room, the room will be disinfected between uses. Disinfecting procedures will be implemented between shifts and between uses. Toys and materials will be disinfected between uses and staff will assist children in the proper usage of materials. Upon the daily closing of the program, the custodial staff will disinfect and sanitize the rooms. The following can be expected of the CDP staff and custodians:
Due to the uncertainty of the COVID 19 pandemic, services may be interrupted or modified at any time. No refunds will be given due to situations that arise due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in regards to quarantines, closures or other district mandated closures. All payments are non-refundable.
The preschool program (CSPP/state preschool) located on the Cedarcreek, Rio Vista, and Santa Clarita school campuses offers low-income families who reside within the SUSD attendance boundaries a tuition-free preschool program funded by the state. Families enrolled in this program must adhere to all eligibility requirements.
At this time we do not have updated information regarding the tuition based preschool programs for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year.
Still have questions?
Feel free to contact us with what's on your mind.